You’re a leader at the agency, demonstrating a commitment to the well being of the agency culture, business and reputation. Everybody wants a piece of you, in a good way, because of your proven ability to generate success for clients, skillfully own the room, deliver killer strategy and exude inspiration and positivity.
You know when to demonstrate patience, confidence, push back, buck up and drive it home. You’re a savvy communicator with clients around their broader business situations and opportunities. The team looks up to you as a mentor and role model to help develop our tribe. At the end of the day, the happiness of our amazing clients and the reputation for the firm rests with you and the work you inspire us to deliver.
Integrated Account Management
- Provide strategic oversight for integrated marketing, including a wide range of marketing disciplines: advertising, brand development, PR, brand publishing, social media, mobile, web, etc.
- Provide “big picture” client leadership and strategy for large and/or complex accounts. Understand the greater vision and how client tactics fit into an overall strategy.
- Own final strategy and serve as a final quality check in the development of highly strategic plans, presentations, decks, etc.
- Understand issues and/or causes relevant to our clients and bring forth ideas and program elements that are relevant to target audiences based on this knowledge.
- Collaborate with Haberman Creative and Engagement teams to ensure integrated campaigns are strategic and highly effective for clients. Proactively enlist others to help attack an issue or opportunity in a unique way.
- Oversee client budgets and take responsibility for leading accounts towards greater profitability.
- Build rapport and serve as a trusted advisor for client relationships, including the C-suite. Serve as the account leader for any and all questions or issues a client may have relative to their business partnership with Haberman.
- Display depth of business understanding, driving momentum for clients’ brands and business objectives.
- Serve as the final checkpoint and layer of strategic oversight for accuracy, client satisfaction and agency reputation. Report to agency management on the health of accounts.
- Lead key, high profile client meetings and presentations. Demonstrate ability to skillfully persuade.
- Express the agency point of view, including demonstrating a willingness to respectfully challenge clients when warranted based on rationale.
- Foster new business development opportunities within existing clients. Ensure Haberman is positioned for ongoing partnerships and efficient renewal of projects. Proactively identify and pitch new opportunities. Play a critical role in both strategy and in the general development of proposals or pitches for new pieces of business with an existing client.
- Demonstrate leadership in business development with new clients, leading meetings with prospective clients and development of proposals and decks.
- Coach, encourage and mentor, supporting the development and retention of direct reports.
- Demonstrate frequency of new ideas for clients and agency, including proactively identifying and providing solutions to agency leadership.
- Provide clear direction and respectful feedback for all team members across the agency.
- Track staff and capacity issues, interview potential hires, and help build the best team possible.
- Continually balance client profitability and agency financial health. Strategically identify opportunities to increase agency profitability and reputation.
- Demonstrate positive and inspirational leadership within the agency.
- Minimum: 10 years of experience at a fully-integrated ad agency.
- Two years of experience in an Account Director role (or comparable title with below responsibilities).
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural-born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re collaborative. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Account Director” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.