Sr. Art Director
Haberman is a full-service agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work.
For you, art direction is just as much about how something looks, as it is about what it says. In your heart, you’re an idea person. You just also happen to have the hard skills to bring those ideas to life beautifully and efficiently. You’ve proven your ability to create a wide array of compelling communications that advocate for your clients and educate their audiences. You’ve also developed finesse for communicating about design (from look and feel to final proposed layouts) with clients, as well as explaining how an idea helps advance their business objectives. As a key voice in a growing creative department, you help the agency to continually elevate the work we produce. The visual solutions you create enhance the Haberman storytelling process, and in partnership with the entire team of creative, interactive and account management tribe members, you help us produce excellent work that helps our clients make a difference in the world.
- Daily duties include creating campaign ideas that engage, attract and sell.
- Based on creative briefs and client meetings, develop concepts and visual solutions for a variety of creative projects, including advertisements, brochures, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, websites, digital ads, social media, promotional displays and signage.
- Responsible for acquiring or creating images for creative projects, as well as layout and formatting of materials.
- Implement copy changes within layouts, make design revisions and perform production tasks using existing style guidelines.
- Work with clients, account directors and project managers to ascertain needs to develop creative directions, concepts and specifications to meet client objectives and budgets.
- Prepare visual elements for client presentations, and effectively interact with clients throughout concept and creative process, including presenting to clients.
- Direct photo and video content for use across multiple platforms.
- Maintain a working knowledge of professional standards for trademark development, intellectual property rights, usage rights for photography, illustration and other materials.
- Be able to multi-task and work effectively in an ever-changing and collaborative, fast-paced, environment.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in numerous communications settings, including client-facing presentations.
- Minimum 6 years of art direction/design experience. Agency experience preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote/PowerPoint and Word.
- Proven design skills with the ability to work on a wide range of projects.
- Proven ability to effectively present ideas to clients.
- Understanding of design’s value within a business context.
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No problem. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sr. Art Director” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.