Associate Media Director
Haberman is seeking an integrated Associate Media Director with hands-on experience in media planning and buying and with a strong emphasis in traditional channels as well as digital. You are able to lead new engagements from scratch, helping to define the right strategy and mix to solve business problems across the entire brand and consumer journey. You’re also able to dive into existing plans to find opportunities for improvement, are a master of maximizing ROI via ongoing optimizations and can clearly communicate those optimizations, results and strategies to a broad audience including executive levels. You can advise on the best strategy or options for a $100K budget to a $5MM+ budget.
You’re passionate about media and love finding new and innovative ways to leverage targeting, tactics and technology—all to drive greater return on investment for clients and to help them meet their marketing and business goals. You are an exceptional communicator and can work within teams and clients to not only sell the big ideas but also collaborate and compromise to meet goals, budgets and time constraints.
- Responsible for integrated media solutions (traditional and digital, with a primary responsibility on traditional) throughout the entire strategic, planning, buying and implementation process
- Responsible for developing connection strategies for clients as a starting point to the media and broader engagement planning process
- Responsible for identifying multiple ways to invest marketing budgets in media, backed by potential ROI information as well as a strong rationale for how and why each media vehicle is used
- Research and implement new techniques and technologies that are relevant to clients’ media strategies
- Draw insights from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal teams on informed strategic implications
- Lead marketing approach conversations including audience identification and weighting and geographic approach for media
- Provide respectful coaching, training, and feedback to media team as the department grows and evolves
- Share media trends and opportunities with internal team and clients
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- 10+ years of media planning, buying and agency environment experience
- Experience with entrepreneurial and experienced brands
- Experience with Google Adwords, IAB, and other media certifications
- Experience with U.S. and Canada media-across traditional and digital platforms
- Exceptional analytics and writing/organizational skills
- Significant client-facing experience and comfort with presenting and pitching to executive level
- Experience with syndicated data tools (e.g., comScore, Simmons, etc.)
- Shopper marketing planning and buying experience a plus
- Management of freelance broadcast buyers a plus
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No problem. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “Associate Media Director” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.