PR + Content Marketing Intern
Haberman is a full-service marketing agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change.
We seek a PR and Content Marketing intern who’s ready for a wild and crazy ride in the world of PR, influencer relations, social media, and content marketing. Candidates for this opportunity have an open heart and an open mind and are primed to dive in, try new things and exhaustively learn. Days in this position are filled with: immersion, partnering with the broader team, pitching media, creating smart content, diving deep and dissecting research questions, and navigating the ever-changing marketing landscape – all with a positive, “whatever it takes” outlook.
- Assist in the implementation of comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns for clients, primarily focusing on PR, influencer relations, social media and content marketing channels.
- Develop and write media materials, including news releases, case studies, fact sheets, media lists, editorial calendars, etc.
- Pitch and secure local and national media placements for clients.
- Provide solid writing and editing skills, including understanding and translating complex subject matter.
- Research and support coordination of influencer campaigns and partnerships.
- Support content strategy and development for clients’ owned channels – including social media, email and blog.
- Assist with content marketing photo shoots.
- Collaborate with teams to develop client reports, including providing data analysis and insights.
- Actively participate in meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions.
- Provide research assistance in numerous capacities, including competitive analysis, trends and industry news.
- Be tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills.
- Ask questions and approach each day with a sponge-like mentality towards learning, as well as bringing new ideas and approaches to the table.
- Support Haberman office management with administrative tasks such as answering phones, greeting guests, preparing packages for mailing, and lending a hand when needed.
- Minimum of 1 year of marketing experience (through internships, etc.), with a strong grounding in marketing, public relations or community relations; prior agency experience preferred.
- Consumer and/or business-to-business media relations experience, with demonstrated ability to generate media placements.
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “PR + Content Marketing Intern” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.