Haberman is a full-service creative + engagement agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work.
We seek a Public Relations intern with an open mind and passion for news, who’s primed to dive in, try new things and exhaustively learn. Days in this position are filled with: immersion, partnering with an integrated team, pitching media, engaging with influencers, writing strategic content, diving deep into and dissecting the news media, and navigating the ever-changing Public Relations landscape – all with a positive, “whatever it takes” outlook. Bring your new ideas, leave your ego at the door, learn and contribute.
- Develop and write media materials, including news releases, case studies, fact sheets, media lists, editorial calendars, etc.
- Research and conduct outreach to media (pitch); secure media placements for a wide array of clients on both a local and national level.
- Provide solid writing and editing skills, including understanding and translating complex subject matter.
- Identify and foster partnerships with like-minded brands, cause organizations, influencers and other brand spokespeople.
- Assist in the development of a wide range of business and creative content for accounts, including presentations, marketing collateral, promotions, etc.
- Be tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Actively participate in meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions.
- Provide research assistance in numerous capacities, including competitive analysis, trends and industry news.
- Assist in the development of client reports and presentations, including researching relevant topics, and drafting documents, slides, etc.
- Provide administrative and tactical support on a wide range of accounts.
- Ask questions and approach each day with a sponge-like mentality toward learning, as well as bringing new ideas and approaches to the table.
- Minimum of 1 year of Public Relations or marketing experience (through internships, etc.); prior agency experience preferred.
- Consumer and/or business-to-business media relations experience, with demonstrated ability to generate media placements.
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “PR Intern” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.