Haberman is a full-service agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work.
The Resource Manager will partner with functional leads to drive the success of all projects within the Haberman system. This role is at the center of a dynamic and demanding environment, and will work closely with project managers and functional leads to assign project resources, balance workloads, and adjust schedules and assignments as project timing shifts and/or new projects start. The Resource Manager will need a strong grasp of the creative and engagement process and possess impeccable communication and interpersonal skills. This role requires a high level of patience, diplomacy and fortitude, and a strong voice in a fast-moving environment.
- Establish strong rapport with members of all departments, including Creative, Engagement/Media, Account Management, Project Management and Operations.
- Based on project plans provided by the project management team and input from functional leads, recommend team members to projects that match their skills and career aspirations.
- Recognize areas for opportunity or improvement amongst team members. This includes understanding skillsets and personalities, and advocating for the most well-suited teams.
- Monitor workloads to ensure efficient execution of all projects. Balance workload across internal teams, freelancers and agency/vendor partners; identify potential instances of excessive or underutilization of talent and solve any potential issues; and manage outsourced partners and augmented staff allocations and assignments.
- Work with functional leads to manage and approve out-of-office/PTO requests in order to provide consistent coverage.
- Partner with producers and project managers to monitor milestones and track schedule/scope changes that could create resourcing gaps or affect workloads and deliverables.
- Report and advise on resource plans, forecasts, freelance and outsourcing costs. Collaborate with Leadership to support quarterly and fiscal year planning efforts by facilitating resource planning and associated budget management. Forecast future hiring and freelance needs, based on the roadmap.
- Advise functional leads on chemistry/skill matches of team members.
- Lead recurring status meetings with functional leads and project managers to discuss all active projects plus potential upcoming projects and their staffing needs to allow quick adjustments as the business and priorities shift.
- Identify when freelance resources are needed and work directly with the agency recruiter, project managers and leadership on approvals.
- Collaborate on recruiting needs for FTE’s when applicable.
- Ensure successful on-boarding/off-boarding of all employees (FTE and freelancers) related to time tracking, file sharing/storage, technology needs, etc.
- Help shape resource management tools, systems, and templates. Constantly strive to improve processes and workflow.
- Stay familiar with the latest trends and work in the design and advertising industry.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant experience in a creative or marketing organization, with direct experience in a resource management role.
- Knowledge of paid advertising and the creative process required.
- Experience working in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Solid understanding of project lifecycle and process: able to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing work.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Thrives in a creative, fast-paced environment and works well under pressure.
- Expert user of spreadsheet and other resource management tools.
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree and certifications in applicable fields a plus.
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No problem. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “Paid Media Intern” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.