Haberman is seeking a self-starting analytics professional who’s ready to join a growing mission-based team. You’re well-versed in using data to drive smarter media and creative decisions and would be excited to contribute to an integrated team who embraces the idea that data can help tell better more effective brand stories.
You’re fearless in Excel (and maybe Tableau). You enjoy going under the hood of major ad tech and analytics platforms and then surfacing opportunities to teams in ways they can act on. You may have some experience in Business Intelligence as well and know how to structure sources such as IRI, Nielsen, Spins, Amazon, or RetailLink to analyze in-market performance.
You’re still at the point in your career where you are learning what data matters and how to ensure media and client teams get what they need to make better decisions. You’re still in the day-to-day and have plenty to learn – while wanting to grow into the role of being the datateller, the person who explains what the data means. You’re eager to be part of a collaborative group ready to soak up your insights, ask really good questions, and support your development.
We understand it is rare to have great depth in both media analytics and broader marketing performance analysis and have a seasoned team who can support the right candidate in developing the latter as long as the former is rock solid.
- Supporting and enhancing Haberman’s measurement approach through smart tagging, trafficking and reporting methods
- Supporting media teams with real-time insights into key variables including audience, channel, tactic, creative and location
- Informing measurement plans early in the strategy phase to help set the right KPIs, and then enabling those with the right tagging, trafficking, and reporting solutions – including setting up and maintenance of performance dashboards
- Managing multiple client and media data sources, including retail sales data sets and media performance data sets from paid, owned and earned tactics
- Finding and surfacing correlations across and within paid, owned and earned tactics to support channel mix and optimization opportunities.
- Support selection of test and control groups so they are well matched and client/agency teams have high confidence in the reported results
- Staying up to speed with the latest platform changes and, as needed, educating internal teams and clients about analytics trends, tools and opportunities
- Standardizing the analytics approach across all accounts
- Over time growing into a more proactive role contributing to the continuous improvement of client media performance and creative effectiveness by being in the data and surfacing insights to the teams – influencing the storytelling around the data itself
- 2-3 years at an agency or client, in media and analytics platforms such as Google and Adobe, with brands spending $5m or more annually in paid media
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, familiarity with Tableau
- Ability to navigate data and enable what a high-performing media team needs to see and report in order to drive client results
- Exceptional analytics skills, especially in knowing what can be measured, the different types of attribution, then executing the right measurement strategy through repeatable tagging, trafficking and reporting processes
- Comfort diving into the platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe, the full Google stack, Meta, theTradeDesk etc.) to support media teams in troubleshooting analytics or performance issues, finding optimizations and bringing new insights into reports and planning sessions
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able to self-organize and execute deliverables independently
- Expert at creating data visualizations from raw data using advanced Excel functions, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Expertise in using Google Tag Manager, Telium, or another tag management system
- Eagerness to explore and stay up to speed on the evolving martech/adtech stack, and desire to learn fast how to best test and leverage automation and other tools
- Exposure to how to effectively package paid/owned/earned media data into brand/business performance insights and so-what action recommendations that improve business outcomes
- Familiarity with marketing mix modeling providers such as Nielsen or Neustar
- Knowledge of advanced analysis and marketing measurement techniques, and working experience with some combination of marketing mix modeling, A/B testing, multi-variate testing, regression
- Ability to ingest and structure retail sales datasets such as IRI, Nielsen, Spins, RetailLink to enable market level performance analysis matched to media delivery
- Comfort with the evolving martech/adtech stack and desire to learn fast how to best test and leverage automation and other tools
- Experience with CPG industry
- Familiarity with the full range of 1st through 3rd party data sets and ability to support media teams in choosing and implementing the best combinations through various data platforms such as Liveramp
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “Marketing Analyst” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.