Public Relations Specialist
You are a dynamic public relations + influencer strategist who thrives working with clients to identify their stories and determine the best ways to share them with their audiences. You excel at engagement with the media and love the challenge of finding just the right angle for just the right editor, whether you’re working for consumer or B2B clients. You’re knowledgeable and curious about the practice of public relations across all categories and the broader world of strategic communications. You’re excited about how emerging science and technology is helping shape the future of sustainable agriculture and our food system, and you want to play a role in that transformation. You’re super versatile and can work equally well with a small close-knit team or a larger cross-functional team to create effective campaigns that benefit our clients and our world.
- Develop PR + influencer strategies, tactics, content and timing as standalone documents or part of overall plans.
- Proactively pitch media with stories and reactively respond to media inquiries.
- Maintain existing, and establish, new relationships with media.
- Coordinate interviews, desk-sides, media tours, etc. with client spokespeople and attend/participate in those activities when client support is needed.
- Develop effective media lists, including research to supplement media database outputs.
- Help prepare media training guides, support in media training sessions as appropriate.
- Integrate and help ensure smart and seamless coordination between PR/Influencer and other integrated work we’re producing on behalf of clients.
- Conceive, write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, speeches, presentations and blog posts. Know, and demonstrate, that different vehicles require different writing styles.
- Research and identify opportunities for clients to build credibility and awareness, including award submissions, bylines, speaking engagements.
- Set up and monitor media outlets and use digital analytics tools; generate results reports and extrapolate recommendations from the data.
- Demonstrate expertise and smart strategic thinking with clients.
- Build strong relationships with clients by being a true listener and responsive partner.
- Field questions and support presentations and conversations relative to client work.
- Proactively educate client teams on public relations and influencer trends and processes.
- Previous agency experience recommended, but not required.
- 5+ years of media relations experience, with at least 2 years of those in B2B or ag-tech.
- Established relationships with media across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.).
- Successful track record of securing coverage on PR accounts and media relations campaigns.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Experience with online media databases and influencer search or management tools (preferred).
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills.
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural-born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a storyteller.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No problem. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “PR Specialist” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.