Everyone knows that Game Day is all about the snacks, right? With a little help from our clients, we’ve turned these classic dishes into plant-based, organic touchdowns. Regardless of who you’re rooting for, this spread will have the crowd going wild.
Check out our menu below to make the most out of your Game Day!
Sweet Potato Fries
Southwest Taco Plant Boss Crumbles
Frozen sweet potato fries, prepared
½ cup aioli or sour cream
1 avocado, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
- Prepare Plant Boss in skillet, set aside
- Place cooked fries on a plate or platter
- Drizzle with aioli, and top with Plant Boss crumbles and remaining ingredients
Meatless Queso Dip
Mild Taco Plant Boss Crumbles
1 teaspoon oil
½ medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup milk
12 oz American cheese, sliced or shredded
2 jalapenos, chopped
Garnish with chopped tomatoes and cilantro, if desired
- Prepare Plant Boss in skillet, set aside
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil, onion, and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft
- Add milk and slowly whisk in the cheese, stirring continuously. When melted, stir in the jalapenos and pour into a serving dish
- Top with Plant Boss crumbles and garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips
Sheet Pan Veggie Nachos
2 medium radishes
1 small jalapeño
1 medium ripe avocado
1 bag restaurant-style white corn tortilla chips, 14-ounce
1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
10 ounces Daiya Cheddar Style Cutting Board Shreds, about 2 1/2 cups
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F. Thinly slice 2 medium radishes, 1 small jalapeño, and 1 medium ripe avocado.
- Arrange about half of a 14-ounce bag of white corn tortilla chips on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet in an even layer. Top with 1/2 cup corn (thawed if frozen or drained if canned) and 4 ounces Daiya Cheddar Cutting Board Cheeze Shreds (about 1 cup). Layer the remaining chips on top, followed by the remaining 1/2 cup corn and 6 ounces Daiya Cheddar Cutting Board Cheeze Shreds (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Bake the nachos in a 425°F oven until the cheeze is melted and the chips around the edges are beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Just before serving garnish with the radishes, jalapeño, avocado, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, and 1/4 cup pico de Gallo.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
1 Large Cauliflower, (Cut into bite-size pieces)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup Gluten-free Panko-style Bread Crumbs, (Separated)
1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl coat cauliflower with olive oil.
- Add ½ cup breadcrumbs and toss to coat
- Place cauliflower onto a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Roast until tender for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and place back into a large bowl
- Coat cauliflower in buffalo-style hot sauce and toss
- Pour remaining bread crumbs and toss once more
- Return to a baking sheet and roast for another 10-15 minutes until crisp
- Serve with Daiya Blue Cheeze Dairy-Free Dressing. Yum
Stuffed Mini Peppers
2 pints mini peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
8 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1/4 cup drained and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 ounces (1/3 cup) feta, crumbled
1/4 cup drained and chopped Pearls Specialties Sliced Kalamata Greek Olives
2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh basil
For finishing: Extra-virgin olive oil, flaky salt, black pepper, fresh basil and/or parsley leaves
- Position a rack in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the mini peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. Place the peppers on the sheet pan open side up.
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, basil, and olives, and blend until fairly smooth.
- Fill the peppers with the cream cheese mixture and bake until the peppers are tender and the cheese is softly puffed and slightly golden, 8-10 minutes.
- Place the peppers on a serving platter and sprinkle with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs. Serve warm.
Mini Pizza Cups
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated round crescent rolls
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup Pearls or Early California Sliced Black Ripe Olives
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
2 ounces mini pepperonis
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate tubes of dough into 8 rolls each; halve the rolls. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon pizza sauce into each cup. Sprinkle with olives, onion, green pepper, pepperoni, and cheese. Bake until the crusts are browned and cheese is melted 15-18 minutes.