Haberman is a full-service marketing agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work.
We seek a talented Account Manager who has proven to have solid skills and great instincts for both building relationships and delivering smart, meaningful work for clients. In this role, you continue developing and honing your specialties, gaining confidence as a marketing expert and building your portfolio of campaigns and tactics that support our agency’s strong reputation. Day in and out, you work seamlessly with our entire team to get the stuff done, on time, on budget, on the mark. We also hope you begin raising your hand for clients that align with your passions, showing an increasing awareness of where you deliver your best work.
Integrated Account Management
- Develop and implement comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns for clients, potentially including a wide range of marketing disciplines: advertising, brand development, PR, brand publishing, social media, mobile, web, etc.
- Proactively take on the initial development of plans, presentations, follow-ups, decks, creative briefs, etc.
- Understand issues and/or causes relevant to our clients and bring forth ideas and program elements that are relevant to target audiences based on this knowledge.
- Partner with Haberman interactive and creative teams to ensure integrated and interactive campaigns are strategic and highly effective for clients.
- Pay keen attention to detail, including workflow leadership, adherence to deadlines, calendar and timeline development and follow-up, timely client status reports, and meeting preparation.
- Manage client budget tracking, including reviewing budget to actuals and tracking account profitability.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills, and play a key role in the development of a wide range of business and creative content for accounts.
- Often serve as day-to-day/“go to” team member on client accounts, including being clients’ primary contact and the primary hub of information on client projects. Occasionally serve as a secondary client contact in partnership with an account supervisor.
- Serve as solo Haberman representative at times for routine meetings; partner with account supervisor or account director for key meetings.
- Demonstrate depth of understanding of clients’ businesses.
- Anticipate client needs and foresee potential client or project issues in advance; be proactive.
- Effectively and efficiently partner with account directors (and others) for client oversight and strategic support.
- Build rapport and serve as a key contact for client relationships.
- Foster new business development opportunities within existing clients. Ensure Haberman is positioned for ongoing partnerships and efficient renewal of projects. Assist in the development of proposals or pitches for new pieces of business with existing clients.
- Provide clear direction, coaching and respectful feedback to all team members.
- Show dedication to continual improvement, including developing skills within one or more specialty areas.
- 2–4 years of integrated marketing communications experience with consumer brands; agency experience required; cause marketing background a plus.
- Ability to lead integrated marketing campaigns and projects for clients.
- Excellent rapport-building skills.
- Intellectual curiosity; up-to-date knowledge of current events and industry trends.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings.
- Experience integrating advertising, PR, Web, social media and design strategies into holistic campaigns.
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills.
- Highly effective in presentation settings.
- Self-starter with a commitment to take on new challenges and grow professionally.
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No problem. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “Account Manager” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.