Haberman is seeking a Media Director to take our fully integrated service offering to the next level. Our paid media results in particular have been elevated significantly in recent years. This role will further deepen our ability to deliver clear investment returns to clients, and continually improve collaboration with our two speeds of creative (daily + over time). While the connection between “media” and “creative” is already tight at Haberman, this role will deepen the collaboration around audience and channel insights to unlock greater returns on marketing investments, faster.
The Director will lead and inspire a growing and diverse team, while guiding Haberman media capability investments to create competitive advantages for our mission-driven clients. You will help sharpen the questions we are asking and the opportunities we pursue as a key member of a highly engaged, fun team of experienced marketing leaders. You inherit a core legacy strength in PR, a newer but increasingly powerful test & learn approach to continuous ROI improvement and an eagerness to fully realize the promise of our audience insight-driven approach to media and creative.
You’re just as eager to apply proven principles and approaches you’ve seen work countless times to grow brands, as you are to re-write the playbook. You’ll expand our connections to technology and publisher innovators to help our team learn faster and clients adopt best practices and new opportunities at pace.
- Integrated, audience-first media solutions (traditional and digital) for client challenges and business needs – planning, measurement strategy and enablement, buying, optimization and reporting
- Personally lead connection planning for select clients, while coaching and mentoring direct reports across all clients
- Speak the language of senior clients and their investors – articulating Haberman recommendations and then communicating results in ways that project and clarify client brand, financial and sales outcomes – not just media metrics
- Collaborate across Haberman owned and earned teams to ensure paid is coordinated for the greatest investment returns with owned and earned efforts
- Enhance the Haberman way of audience planning and engagement to uniquely provide our creative teams better strategic and executional direction, resulting in better returns on client investments
- Evolve the Haberman Ad Tech stack and manage people, process and technology investments to create a truly superior offering for Haberman clients
- Foster a culture where anything is possible and team members are teaching / learning / doing with and for each other – across engagement teams and both creative speeds
- Make Haberman a place where technology innovators and media partners want to partner to evolve the art and science of storytelling
- Become a public face at events and author of points of view to attract new talent and clients
- Serve as a media department resource for new revenue and business opportunities
- 10+ years of communications planning, ideally across both agency and client environments
- A go-to set of planning and execution principles you’ve seen work over time, even as the external media landscape constantly shifts
- The ability to put the principles into action with agency teams and clients to generate highly effective paid media investments – cutting through the clutter of noise, options, acronyms and chaos in the landscape.
- An inspirational, servant leadership approach to developing and managing a diverse team of talent internally and externally
- A track record of learning-through-doing to fill in the unknowns that your principles and playbook don’t answer, and to create new winning plays
- Depth in digital marketing and understanding of the video landscape, with at least the last 5 years direct experience with search, social and programmatic media for brand building and e-commerce / online conversion-type goals
- Comfort in both performance and broader awareness-generating media, and a track record of finding the right mix to generate client sales / brand building results
- Inherent knowledge of CPM’s and planning cost / delivery tradeoffs in all major media
- Biddable media hands on experience, and ideally current or past certifications in at least one major platform; deep understanding of how biddable media works, how to select and evaluate audiences, how to set and achieve goals, and the common challenges in achieving investment return thresholds for clients
- Familiarity with media plans for brands of very different sizes and categories; CPG category expertise is essential and financial services and public health/wellness are preferred
- Working familiarity with major retail.com platforms (e.g., Kroger, Walmart, Target) and marketplaces such as Amazon and Instacart
- Strong relationships with top publishers, platforms and measurement partners, with the ability to unlock training / coaching opportunities for the team
- Strong negotiation skills that create advantaged deals
- Exceptional analytics and writing/organizational skills
- Significant client-facing experience and comfort with presenting and pitching to executive level
- Deep knowledge of the modern tool and ad tech stack, and experience upgrading / modernizing the capabilities for an agency and/or client
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “Media Director” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.