You are an experienced and dynamic PR Director with a passion for the better-for-you CPG category. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and amplifying clients’ stories within the ever-evolving media landscape. As an ambassador for our clients, you will drive press and brand awareness across business and consumer media, as well as influencer channels. You excel at developing creative activations that leave a lasting impact and generate widespread coverage. You have a deep understanding of thought leadership strategy and what it takes to land top-tier coverage for executives. You have a keen interest in the broader world of strategic communications and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to create effective campaigns and media strategies that benefit our clients and our world.
- Lead strategic and tactical PR and thought leadership planning and content creation. Work with creative and media teams to craft integrated marketing campaigns inclusive of PR and influencer or standalone end-to-end PR and Influencer programs.
- Proactively pitch media with stories and reactively respond to media inquiries.
- Maintain existing relationships with media and establish new ones.
- Set earned and paid influencer goals and KPI’s within Haberman’s outcomes-based measurement framework.
- Help guide influencer strategy and oversee internal team’s execution and negotiation of influencer programs that result in meaningful content and deliverables for clients.
- Monitor and activate social media trends relative to PR opportunities and coordinate/create content relevant for PR and social media purposes.
- Conceive, write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, award entries, presentations and blog posts.
- Prepare media training guides, conduct or support in media training sessions as appropriate, train clients around key message delivery, etc.
- Monitor media outlets and use digital analytics tools; generate results reports and extrapolate recommendations from the data.
- Build rapport and, in some PR-focused instances, serve as primary client contact, including providing strategic counsel, leading client meetings and being clients’ primary hub for project and campaign deliverables and details.
- Demonstrate depth of understanding of clients’ businesses, identify organic PR business opportunities, and bring forth new and relevant ideas for advancing business/marketing objectives.
- Coach, train and inspire PR team members and/or direct reports to build retention and unleash the best thinking on client work.
- Proactively educate internal teams on public relations and influencer trends and processes.
- 10+ years of public relations, influencer relations and thought leadership experience.
- Successful track record of securing coverage on PR accounts and media relations campaigns.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in-person and virtually.
- A self-directed professional who understands client needs and operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline.
- Successful track record of bringing multi-channel activations to life.
- Experience with online media databases and influencer search or management tools.
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills.
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “PR Director” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.