Haberman is a full-service creative + engagement agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work.
We seek a PR and Marketing intern who’s ready for a wild and crazy ride in the world of marketing, advertising, branding and PR. You have an open heart and an open mind and are primed to dive in, try new things and exhaustively learn. Days in this position are filled with: immersion, partnering with the broader team, pitching media, creating smart content, diving deep and dissecting research questions, and navigating the ever-changing marketing landscape – all with a positive, “whatever it takes” outlook. You’ll also solve administrative quagmires (printer glitches anyone?) and warmly welcome Haberman guests. Bring your new ideas, leave your ego at home, learn and contribute.
- Provide administrative and tactical support on a wide range of accounts.
- Assist in the implementation of comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns for clients on both a local and national level, potentially including a wide range of marketing disciplines: PR, social media, brand development, mobile, video and web.
- Assist in the development of a wide range of business and creative content for accounts, including presentations, news releases, marketing collateral, web promotions, etc.
- Develop and write media materials, including news releases, case studies, fact sheets, media lists, editorial calendars, etc.
- Complete media relations support for a wide array of clients.
- Conduct outreach to media (pitch) and secure media placements for clients.
- Provide solid writing and editing skills, including understanding and translating complex subject matter.
- Be tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Actively participate in account management activities, including meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions.
Presentations and business development
- Provide research assistance in numerous capacities, including competitive analysis, trends and industry news. Create target audience analysis and communication audits for clients/categories, as needed.
- Assist in the development of client reports and presentations, including researching relevant topics, and drafting documents, slides, etc.
- Ask questions and approach each day with a sponge-like mentality towards learning, as well as bringing new ideas and approaches to the table.
- Support Haberman account team members and office management with administrative tasks such as retrieving articles for clients, preparing packages for mailing, answering phones, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of marketing experience (through internships, etc.), with a strong grounding in marketing, public relations or community relations; prior agency experience preferred.
- Consumer and/or business-to-business media relations experience, with demonstrated ability to generate media placements.
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “PR + Marketing Intern” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.