You are a dynamic public relations specialist who thrives working with clients—especially in the sustainable food space—to identify their stories and determine the best ways to share them in the ever-evolving media landscape. You have a passion for storytelling across news, influencer and social media platforms. You’re interested in and curious about the practice of public relations across all categories and the broader world of strategic communications. You’re excited by engaging with the media and love the challenge of finding just the right angle for just the right editor. You’re here to help contribute to ongoing public relations and influencer executions for multifaceted consumer and B2B campaigns. You’re super versatile and can work equally well with a small close-knit team or a larger cross-functional team to create effective campaigns that benefit our clients and our world.
- Proactively pitch media with stories and reactively respond to media inquiries as part of a larger PR team.
- Maintain existing relationships with media.
- Assist in coordinating interviews, desk-sides, media tours, etc. with client spokespeople and attend/participate in those activities when client support is needed.
- Identify opportunities for clients to build credibility and awareness, including award submissions, bylines and speaking engagements.
- Develop effective media lists, including research to supplement media database outputs.
- Prepare media training guides, and support in media training sessions as appropriate.
- Set up and monitor media outlets and use digital analytics tools; generate results reports.
- Write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, speeches, presentations and blog posts. Understand and demonstrate that different vehicles require different writing styles.
- Set influencer selection criteria and identify potential influencer partners for client campaigns
- Work with influencers to craft meaningful content and stories for clients, help negotiate fair paid opportunities and coordinate influencer asset needs with the broader Haberman team
- Monitor and activate social media trends relative to PR opportunities and coordinate/create content relevant for PR and social media purposes.
- Integrate and help ensure smart and seamless coordination between PR/Influencer and other work we’re producing on behalf of clients
- Research and demonstrate understanding of clients’ businesses, identify organic growth opportunities, and bring forth new and relevant ideas for advancing business/marketing objectives
- Grow client relationships and contribute in conversations with clients. Build strong client relationships by being a true listener and responsive partner
- Hard-working and willing to learn
- Some experience (1-2 years preferred or relevant internship) in marketing, public relations, journalism or communications
- Experience with online media databases and/or influencer search or management tools (preferred)
- Stellar writing skills
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills
- Undergraduate degree in Advertising, Strategic Communications, Marketing, Journalism or similar
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Public Relations Specialist” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.