Sr. Designer / Art Director
Along with the Haberman core values of humanity, ingenuity, courage and integrity, collaboration is key in this position. As a Senior Designer/Art Director at Haberman, you partner with other team members to help craft compelling stories—from concepting storytelling platforms and developing brand identities to executing visual solutions and supporting tactics. Coming into this position you have a proven ability to advocate for brands and connect with people. Ultimately, you have a desire for continuing to create excellent work in collaboration with team members across the creative, engagement and account departments — all to help our clients make a difference in the world.
- Collaborate with designers, art directors, and copywriters to concept and execute storytelling platforms and their supporting visual components based on storytelling briefs. From concepting and designing original brand identity and extension of existing visual systems (both print and digital solutions) to supporting storytelling platform elements like OOH installations, OOH components, paid social media, and more.
- Uphold design excellence.
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Articulate design/art direction rationale (based on business objectives) in internal meetings and client presentations alongside a CD or creative lead.
- Possess a desire to grow strong leadership skills.
- Able to simultaneously collaborate with multiple working teams.
- Uphold the Haberman core values
- A Drive for Excellence An Eye for Details: Does not compromise on quality. Consistently delivers high standards, overcomes obstacles to consistently deliver the best.
- An Eye for Details: Has a good sensibility for typography and layout systems. Able to review and help refine design output.
- Tuned In: Connected to design culture and has current knowledge of contemporary design trends and discourse.
- Dedicated to collaboration: Builds trust and respect with leaders and members across all disciplines.
- Understands Brand DNA: Comprehends what a specific brand stands for and keeps this in mind throughout a project or campaign.
- A Desire to Learn to Lead: Interested in learning leadership skills, with opportunities to run internal creative meetings and participate in pushing the team toward their best ideas.
- At least 7 years of working experience in branding/advertising industry.
- Experienced/Familiar with current design and creative software.
- Knowledgeable in production methods for both print and screen-based design applications.
- Understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
Reports To: Design Director
Characteristics of a Modern Storyteller
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or had it surgically removed. Collaboration is natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No problem. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sr. Designer / Art Director” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.