Haberman is seeking a Senior Media Planner with hands-on experience in developing and executing campaigns across digital and traditional media. You are able to lead new engagements from scratch, helping to define the right media strategy and mix to solve business problems across the brand and audience journey. You’re also well-versed in data analysis and are able to guide clients through insights, optimizations and ROI discussions.
You’re passionate about media and love finding new and innovative ways to leverage targeting, tactics and technology—all to help clients meet their marketing and business goals. You are an exceptional communicator and can work within teams and clients to not only present plans but also collaborate and compromise.
- Developing integrated media solutions throughout the entire strategic planning, buying and implementation process
- Managing media budgets, drafting and revising media schedules and insertion orders
- Evaluating, negotiating and purchasing media
- Campaign trafficking
- Building client-facing campaign reports with full campaign analysis
- Working closely with a kick-ass creative team to guide campaign and asset development, optimize on the fly, and help sync media and creative to generate great client results
- Collaborating with internal and client teams on marketing approach work including audience identification, analyzing audience data to inform targeting and helping to prioritize geographies and retailers to support
- Identifying multiple ways to invest marketing budgets in media, backed by strong rationale for how and why each media vehicle is used
- Actively seeking and implementing test and learn opportunities
- Aligning internal and client team on KPI’s prior to activation
- Implementing campaigns on self-serve platforms
- Reporting on and drawing insights from program results (focusing on agreed upon KPI’s) and ensuring dialogue with client and internal teams on informed strategic implications
- Researching and implementing new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies
- Building relationships with specific media partners to drive innovation in areas of personal passion and expertise, within an overall Haberman media team approach
- Educating internal teams and clients about media trends and opportunities
- 6–8 years of media planning, buying and agency environment experience
- Exceptional analytics skills, especially in knowing how to translate media data into brand/business performance insights and so-what action recommendations
- Experience with syndicated data tools (e.g., MRI/Simmons)
- Track record improving return on client media investments for $2M+ budgets
- Fluency in all digital channels with especially deep expertise either in more upper funnel brand awareness channels like programmatic video and social, or in more mid/lower funnel search and social performance marketing
- Comfortable diving into the platforms to find optimizations/improvement opportunities and to bring new insights into reports and planning sessions: Google Analytics, the full Google stack, familiarity with Meta best practices/brilliant basics while knowing how to push beyond
- Ability to assess and recommend a full range of first through 3rd party data sets and test into the best mix for the specific client goals and KPI’s
- Track record packaging media data in such a way that brings true business insights to clients that drives effectiveness and efficiency gains – not just media KPI’s
- Client-facing experience and comfort with presenting
- Exceptional writing, organizational and time management skills
Nice to have:
- Some experimentation/working experience with CTV
- Experience with setting up A/B or multivariate testing to generate clear outcomes and learning that drives continuous improvement in key variables (audience, channel, geography, content/creative/message, etc.)
- Familiarity with leading CDP’s and primary use cases for CPG, Financial Services or Healthcare
- Comfort with the evolving martech/adtech stack and desire to learn fast how to best test and leverage automation and other tools
- Experience with competitive spend tools
- Experience with CPG, Financial Services or Healthcare categories
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Media Planner” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.