You are an experienced public relations + influencer strategist whose dream job is working with clients—especially in the sustainable food space—to identify their stories and determine the best ways to share them in the ever-evolving media landscape. You have a passion for newsmaking across news, influencer, and social media landscapes. You excel at engagement with media and love the challenge of finding just the right angle for just the right editor. You’re here to help develop public relations and influencer strategies and drive executions for multi-faceted consumer and B2B campaigns. You’re knowledgeable and curious about the practice of public relations and the broader world of strategic communications. You’re energized by working with cross-functional teams to create effective campaigns and the accompanying earned and paid media strategies that benefit our clients and our world.
- Develop PR + influencer strategies, tactics, content and timing as standalone documents or part of overall plans.
- Proactively pitch media with stories and reactively respond to media inquiries.
- Maintain existing, and establish, new relationships with media.
- Work with influencers to craft meaningful content and stories for clients, negotiate fair paid opportunities and coordinate influencer asset needs with broader Haberman team.
- Monitor and activate social media trends relative to PR opportunities and coordinate/create content relevant for PR and social media purposes.
- Coordinate interviews, desk-sides, media tours, etc. with client spokespeople and attend/participate in those activities when client support is needed.
- Integrate and help ensure smart and seamless coordination between PR/Influencer and other integrated work we’re producing on behalf of clients.
- Conceive, write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, speeches, presentations and blog posts. Know, and demonstrate, that different vehicles require different writing styles.
- Develop effective media lists, including research to supplement media database outputs.
- Prepare media training guides, conduct or support in media training sessions as appropriate, train clients around key message delivery, etc.
- Set up and monitor media outlets and use digital analytics tools; generate results reports and extrapolate recommendations from the data.
- Build rapport and, in some PR-focused instances, serve as primary client contact, including leading client meetings and being clients’ primary hub for project and campaign deliverables and details.
- Demonstrate depth of understanding of clients’ businesses, identify organic PR business opportunities, and bring forth new and relevant ideas for advancing business/marketing objectives.
- Demonstrate expertise and smart strategic thinking with clients.
- Field questions and lead presentations and conversations relative to client work.
- Proactively educate client teams on public relations and influencer trends and processes.
- 6+ years of media and influencer relations experience
- Established relationships with media across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.).
- Successful track record of securing coverage on PR accounts and media relations campaigns.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Experience with online media databases and influencer search or management tools (preferred).
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills.
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sr. PR Strategist” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.