Haberman is a full-service marketing agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work.
We seek a talented web developer with a strong foundation in front-end and back-end development. This individual must be well versed in current interactive best practices and be interested in supporting a wide range of different types of projects. This individual should couple an intense curiosity for new technology with an ability to clearly articulate how that new technology would best serve our clients.
This individual will work directly with the agency’s Creative & Technology team to develop solutions that benefit our clients and our world. Some of our current campaign themes include promoting urban agriculture and encouraging the next generation of philanthropists. We offer a unique, fun, vibrant, challenging and balanced agency work environment where a programmer can participate in dreaming up and crafting dynamic solutions to real-world problems.
- Enhance existing websites; troubleshoot and resolve reported issues
- Assist in the creation of websites, from ideation through deployment and maintenance
- Partner with internal and external clients to deliver high-quality technical solutions
- Monitor and apply industry best practices in all development activities
- Experiment with the Haberman team to create one-of-a-kind digital experiences
- Strong understanding of modern website development tools and technologies
- Experience writing light-weight, efficient, reusable code
- Knowledge of user interface design principles as it relates to web applications, e-commerce, and email marketing
- Experience with responsive web design
- Experience with a variety of CMS platforms, especially WordPress
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest APIs a strong plus
- Be fiercely solutions oriented – ability to solve problems and think creatively and proactively about technical solutions
- Basic understanding of web usability, interaction design, and information architecture
- Detail and time management oriented
- A desire to be self-taught, adaptable and naturally oriented to pursue ongoing professional development
- 5 – 7 years of web development experience required
- Agency experience preferred
Characteristics of Modern Storytellers
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career-honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a team member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “Web Developer” and your name in the email subject line. No calls, please.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.